Are you buying a new home in Winthrop MA? Is this the first home you are buying? If you answered yes to both these questions, there is one thing that should be on your mind which many people don’t think about: plumbing. The plumbing system is a key element to your new home and you want to make sure that everything is in proper working order before you make the big decision. Use this plumbing checklist for homebuyers in Winthrop MA while looking at homes to identify any potential plumbing problems:
Winthrop MA Plumbing Checklist
● Water Pressure. Check the water pressure throughout the house by flushing toilets and turning on showers. The toilets should empty and refill with no issues and the showers should be able to spray hot water.
● Determine water pressure. To determine water pressure, you will need to measure the pipes. To get a high enough pressure, you’re going to want at least ¾ inch pipes from the water source to your home.
● Dripping. Look for any signs of dripping or leaking faucets and plumbing fixtures. It is important to look at the plumbing fixtures under every sink to make sure they aren’t dripping.
● Warped flooring. Look around toilets, sinks and showers for any signs of warped flooring. This could mean that there was or is a leak in the plumbing.
● Water heater. Check the water heater for signs of rust or corrosion. Ask your realtor how old the water heater is and when the last time it was serviced. If it is older than 10 years, you will most likely need to have it replaced.
● Sewage. Figure out where the sewage from your home goes. Usually it will go to the city sewer system or a septic tank. You’ll want to find out when the last time the main line was serviced so there won’t be any unexpected sewage backups.
Expert Plumbing Consultations in Winthrop
If you haven’t found any signs of bad plumbing in the home you’re thinking of buying, but are still unsure, call York Plumbing and Drains today. We would be happy to look at the plumbing and let you know what’s really going on in the pipes. You can rest easy knowing a professional has given the green light on your plumbing. Give us a call today at (781) 521-8164.